Overlooking Loring Park is the stately and splendid Episcopal Cathedral Church of St. Mark. The huge English Gothic structure asserts an almost aristocratic presence, yet offers a sense of welcome to all. A parish church, which received the designation of 'Cathedral' in 1941, it serves a congregation of over 1200. The manila-colored limestone used on the exterior was painstakingly shipped from Bedford, Indiana during construction in the early 1900s. The front façade contains a multitude of artfully sculptured figures representing the history of St. Mark's and the people who played a role in its success.
Cathedral Church of St. Mark Photos
News & Articles
Say Something or Ask a Question about Cathedral Church of St. Mark