About Loring Park
Loring Park is located in the southwest section of downtown Minneapolis. The park was known as Central Park but had the name changed in 1890 to honor Charles Loring the Parks systems first superintendent. The 35 acre park was purchased by the city in 1883and was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead. Today Loring Park is one of the most used in the city of Minneapolis. There are biking and walking trails which are paved. There is also horseshoe pits, a basketball court, tennis courts, shuffleboard, and during the long cold winter the frozen lake is a magnet for ice skaters of all abilities. Loring park is also great for having a picnic with tables scattered throughout the park. or feeding the squirrels. The park is connected on the west by the Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge which joins Loring Park to the Walker Art Center. The park is also connected to the downtown Nicollet Mall by the Loring Greenway; a well used pedestrian walkway. At the edge of the Greenway is the dandelion shaped Berger Fountain. On the north side of Loring Park there is an off-leash dog park. The dog park is .23 acres large and residents must secure a permit in order to use the park. The recreation building contains ping pong tables, restrooms and an information center.
Loring Park News & Articles
Events in Loring Park
The Skin Café Beauty Salon and Spa
at The Skin Café Beauty Salon and Spa
Relax and let the stress melt away by scheduling a luxurious hair, skin or nail service with our estheticians & hair stylists in Gilbert. Book an appointment today!